Friday, June 25, 2010

random thoughts

I think of you when I got to bed,
I think of you when I wake up
I don't miss you because I feel so dead
and I'm becoming quite the lier
I have a broken heart
one, I try everyday to mend
each day carries on and on
few,where I see no end.
Sometimes I stand and wonder
if it was all a dream
it ended as quickly as it begun
no rain, no warning...just the thunder
I stood there and watched my life in a flash
I surely must be dead
seeing my dreams and love go up in an ash.
Why did I depend so much upon you?
Why did I let you make me cry?
Why dint I see this coming?
Even though I knew all the why's!
You led me into this
you tried leading me out
it was well practiced with you
but you left me with a million doubts.
I walked away from you
which was the toughest part
I dint give up for so long
just quietly picked up pieces of my heart.
You walked with me till the very end
it was a journey to remember
I was left behind with a mind and soul
which had nothing to lend
Now I stand on a different horizon
as I try to take baby steps
to a life less ordinary
and to a new days dawn.
I'll remember you always
for being you and more
I'll cherish you and our memories
for as long as the water in my life holds.

No comments: